Hi my lovelies!
Over the past year, I have done more traveling than I usually do and oh! it’s been so exciting and I’m grateful for it all! I love traveling as you probably can tell. It’s something I am passionate about – to see the world and God’s amazing creations. So, I have come up with my almost non-exhausting list of travel essentials and I’d like to share them with you 🙂
- Clothing: I absolutely cannot stand wearing tight clothes to travel. It irks my soul and the same goes for make-up. I don’t think I can ever understand how people do this. It’s quite uncomfortable just looking at someone with a full face of make up trying to catch some zzzz while staining the pillows and what not. For me, comfort is key. So, I love to wear ‘free’ clothes such as a dress if the weather permits or a pair of comfortable pants and a jumper. For footwear, I would typically wear pumps or sandals (if the weather permits once more!) and it’s way easier to get past security this way.
- Music: I don’t know if it’s just me but the in-flight entertainment on some airlines should not even be considered “entertainment” because it is soooo boring. So, I like to have a curated playlist ready-to-go from my personal library or thanks to technology, Spotify or Apple Music. PS: Ensure the “available offline” feature is on and don’t forget your headphones/earplugs.
- Water: Drinking water before, during and after a flight is so so so essential. Hydration is key. When I was younger, I’d skip on the water as much as possible because I really dislike airplane bathrooms (shouts to Nigerian flights LOL!) As I’ve gotten older, I realize that hydration 50,000 feet high is key for your health, your skin, your hair.. pretty much your entire well-being! I like to drink a litre of coconut water 24-hours before my flight or dose on my regular ‘gallon-a-day’ water.
- Beauty Products: OMG there’s nothing more annoying than your hands getting super super dry in-flight as well as your lips. I like the Vaseline in a tin, they are super fun to collect LOL! My other beauty products include: hand sanitizer (obsessed with the little ones from Bath & Body Works), a sample fragrance, of any kind, a hair brush and many other hygienic/beauty “stuff” you’d like e.g a toothbrush. Remember, you’re only entitled to 100ml in liquids! (Check with your airline before your flight!?)
- A Book: While I may not be the model reader, I do enjoy an easy read and lately, I find myself stopping at the duty-free stores right before boarding in search of a good read or even a fashion magazine to keep be updated. Also, I’ve only started buying books on my Kindle and it’s been super convenient. So, if you’re more digital, iBooks on the iPad/iPhone or the kindle app will do for this.
- Other items include: a portable charger (make sure it’s fully charged), a pen (you just always need one when you travel, to sign landing cards, etc), a notepad (to gather thoughts?) a camera or phone (to capture the very pretty sky, if you’re anything like me), a phone charger, chewing gum/mint sweets, pain reliever/sleeping meds.
So, there guys! These are my top not-so glamorous travel essentials! What are yours?
Also, do you guys enjoy posts like this? Let me know in the comments please 🙂
Safe travels! ✈️️
Love & Light,